PersonDr. oec., Universitätsprofessor
- Phone: +49 241 80 96179
- Prior to October 2018, no regular consultation hours will be offered. Please arrange an individual appointment via email.
Daniel Wentzel was born in Bonn in 1978. He has held the Chair of Marketing in the School of Business and Economics at RWTH Aachen University since spring 2011. Daniel Wentzel studied business administration at the University of Cologne and the University of Auckland, New Zealand. In 2008, he received his doctoral degree from the University of St. Gallen, Switzerland. From 2008 to 2011, he worked as an assistant professor at that university and received his post-doctoral Habilitation degree in 2010. As part of his research program, he has worked together with many companies from the automobile, retailing, and financial services industries.
- Consumer behavior
- Consumer acceptance and adoption of Innovations
- Product design
- Service and brand management
- Kehr, F.; Kowatsch, T.; Wentzel, D.; Fleisch, E. (2015): Blissfully ignorant: The Effects of General Privacy Concerns, General Institutional Trust, and Affect in the Privacy Calculus. In: Information Systems Journal, 25 (6), 607-635.
- Wentzel. D.; Tomczak, T.; Henkel, S. (2014): Can Friends Also Become Customers? The Impact of Employee Referral Programs on Referral Likelihood. In: Journal of Service Research, 17 (May), 119-133.
- Landwehr, J.; Wentzel, D.; Herrmann, A. (2013): Product Design for the Long Run: Consumer Responses to Typical and Atypical Car Designs at Different Stages of Exposure. In: Journal of Marketing, 77 (September), 92-107.
- von Walter, B.; Wentzel, D.; Tomczak, T. (2012): The Effect of Applicant-Employee Fit and Temporal Construal on Employer Attraction and Pursuit Intentions. In: Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology, 85 (1), 116-135.
- Landwehr, J.; Wentzel, D.; Herrmann, A. (2012): The Tipping Point of Design: How Product Design and Brands Interact to Affect Consumers’ Preferences. In: Psychology & Marketing, 29(6), 422-433.
- Landwehr, J.; Stadler, R.; Herrmann, A.; Wentzel, D.; Labonte, C. (2011): Verankerung von Markenwerten im Produktdesign In: Zeitschrift für betriebswirtschaftliche Forschung, 63 (3), 189-212.
- Wentzel, D.; Henkel, S.; Tomczak, T. (2010): Can I Live up to that Ad? Impact of Implicit Theories of Ability on Service Employees' Responses to Advertising. In: Journal of Service Research, 13 (2), 137-152.
- Wentzel, D.; Tomczak, T; Herrmann, A. (2010): The Moderating Effect of Manipulative Intent and Cognitive Resources on the Evaluation of Narrative Ads. In: Psychology & Marketing, 27 (5), 510-530.
- Wentzel, D. (2009): The Effect of Employee Behavior on Brand Personality Impressions and Brand Attitudes. In: Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 37 (3), 359-374.